So, I found out that making a family tree was even more complicated than I thought it would be. On my dad's side this is because half his family is dead, too many divorces/ new wives and I don't even know if I should include girlfriends in it? And also there are members of the family that have no blood relation to me that we aren't on speaking terms with, heck we don't even talk ABOUT them, heaven forbid my aunt want's to send her a picture of my niece. Least to say, it's complicated. Then my mom's side is hard, it's huge and I haven't even tried to get to any of my relatives in Canada yet. I am the youngest cousin, and my brother is the second youngest at 19, almost 20. So most of them are married and some have kids, I just don't know if I want to take up 4 poster boards for this.
Moving on to the real reason why I even started with the family tree (trying to learn about my family, we're kinda of close but not most of us), this week I started looking through family photo albums. As the saying goes, a picture is worth a thousand words. Hopefully those thousand words helps clear the fog in the air that is my family past, there is so much there that no one has told me simply because it's too painful, it has slipped their mind, or other reasons of that sort. I have found out this week that my mom's side use to have huge reunions with the Canadians, and it just stopped a little after my parents got married (20 years ago). So I'm making it sort of like my mission to try and get another one together, and a successful one at that. We tried one like five or six years ago I think but only the really old people came, least to say it was not fun. I still don't even believe I have cousins over there my age, the whole two times I've been there I've only seen old people with their weird Canadian jokes.
So, needless to say progress on my project has been a little slow. I tried to start reading the farmer book and it's interesting but it's making me not want to eat, and I always end up going back to my thriller books instead. Guiltyyy. Also, (as some of you already know since I've seen a lot of kids from school) I have a job at the wave pool concession stand this summer. Between working, my mom thinking I'm her personal slave to do labor around the house, and my friends constantly wanting to hang out, this project feels like a full day of school. I swearr it's not summer yet, it's way too busy to be summer! Can't wait until I have summer school to add on top of that (I don't understand why health has to be a requirement, lame stuff).
Anyway, if anyone actually read this and has some suggestions for learning more about my family on either side (without a trip to Canada or making my dad all upset about Anne, my evil step g-ma) let me know. I'd really appriciate it. Right now the plan is just to look into state records and even that doesn't tell me much about who they were.
Oh, and I added my name to the title because I don't like how it's hard to figure out who wrote what post, so I figured you guys probably think it's lame too.
No comments:
Post a Comment