Saturday, July 24, 2010

Kelly's project!!!

Hey guys!
So my project is going well and I have a lot of people that are actually interested in attending. Like I said I am organizing a car wash for breast cancer hopefully at the end on august. I have decided I want to have it at Overtyme off of Dixie Highway, in their parking lot. I have talked to them on the phone recently and I am going in today finally to talk to someone. I need to get this process taken care of so I can start getting the date solid, and the people who are going to help. I already have all the supplies taken care of(: I am really hoping I find some good volunteers to help me out, if any of you guys are interested in coming down that day to wash cars, just let me know. Once I get the date solid I am going to start designing the flyer, so that when the time comes to start advertising i will, along Dixie of course. One more thing I will need is some catchy posters that will convince drivers that they should pull over and help the cause! The only thing I am concerned about is not being able to have it at Overtyme and having to have it somewhere else short notice. I have a lot of things ready to go, just waiting on the date! When I go into Overtyme and I am going to sound professional, and explain to them that would mean a lot to me. I was talking to someone at Kroger about my whole idea, and she seemed highly interested and she really wanted to go and tell her friends. I explained to her I didn't have the place set and she said there would be some places willing to help me out because that will bring more attention to their business. I hope she is right because I don't want to get looked at like I am just some crazy kid. I actually want to help, and sure I am stressed and I know this is going to be really hard, but it is so worth it in the end. On another note, if my project seems to fail (which I hp it won't) I will still be somewhat satisfied in the end because I tried at least. I mean, not a lot of teenagers are going around organizing events for Breast Cancer foundations. At least I would have attempted to help, and that counts for something, right? Well I am going to post another blog, right after I talk to Overtyme, so talk to you soon!

3 comments:

  1. Kelly,
    I would love to help out! As soon as you know a date let me know:)
    I can also help with posters I have a ton of art supplies at home, just let me know what u want writen on them and I can make at least a couple for you.
    Also, talk to someone at kroger and see if they will let you advertise, if they will I can help print off fliers or make posters to put there:)
    Just tell me what you need help with and I'll try my best!
    --Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I am available on the day of the car wash I could help if you want me to. I'll absolutely pressure my parents into getting their cars washed! Let me know what I can do to help!

    ReplyDelete
  3. KELLY. I AM SOO COMING TO YOUR CAR WASH. lol oh yeah and i miss you and rachel alot!

    ReplyDelete