This past week has been spent soley on painting my boat. I did run into a few challenges were I've had to put my McGiver skills to the test. My first issue started with mixing paint. I needed the color purple, but purple didn't come in my paint kit so red and blue happily fused together for me to create a deep, plum purple. Sounds like no biggie, right? Wrong. The problem came the next day when I went to paint the other half of my boat. As I mixed my paint and began painting, I realized the two purples were very similar in shade, but not the same. I tried and tried to make an exact match after this discovery, but things just weren't working out. Finally, I got frustrated, so i mixed all of my blue paint with all of my red paint in one bottle and repainted all of the purple. Problem solved! Although it cost me my red and my blue, it was deffinately worth it.
My next challenge was painting the boat name on my boat. Since I turned my boat into a luxury cruiser, I gave it a fancy new title and decided to write it in cursive. Let me tell you, painting in cursive is HARD! I searched all over my house for a smaller brush than I had so I could fit the words on my boat, but the only one I could find still painted too thick. Then I got to thinking and I figured I could just cut some of the bristles off to make it thinner, which totally worked! Now all I needed to do was get my hand to be more steady. I practiced painting the name on some newspaper a couple of times and that seemed to help. Slowly but surely, i got the name painted on and it looks really great!
All that's left to do is assemble and paint the lifeboats and add on a few more small pieces. Though it seems like I'm almost finished, the lifeboats are sure to take me a while. I really look forward to my final results and am very proud that I've actually made it this far.
Good topic. I never would have thoght about painting. Can't wait to see the outcome!
ReplyDeletePost some pictures on here! I want to see the ship!
ReplyDelete