Friday, July 16, 2010
Last week
Last week I got off to a start on my project. I had been taking gym in summer school so I should be in decent shape now. Gym class was actually very useful to getting a start on my project. The warm up was good cause I didn’t pull any muscles so that was good but I really liked that we got to work out in the weight room everyday so not only did I strengthen my legs but the rest of my body as well. But the best part was the twenty five minute run because I ran between two and a half to three and a half miles just doing that run. That gave me a good estimate on where I should start my running. Hopefully my project will be easier. Last week I went on a few 2.5 mile jogs. For the most part it was not too hard. The only problem I ran into was the fact that it was over one hundred degrees outside....not exactly safe running weather. This week I think I will just test myself and see how far I can run. I might have to wait for a cooler day because I thought I was going to pass out when it was over one hundred degrees. So if I can already run 5 miles then I can go up from there. So now that I am adding to this. I really should have just stuck with going up the one mile a week. At most two miles. It is actually a really bad idea to just go try to run really far out of nowhere…it is a good way to hurt yourself. However even with a few minor setbacks my project is going really well and I am right on schedule maybe even a little ahead of schedule. I should have my ten miles done by the end of summer.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment