Hey people! In my last blog I talked about protein and how being on a proper diet is important especially for vegetarians. That’s a little narrow on the full spectrum of why vegetarians are awesome! Vegetarians eat what they eat for different reasons; health isn’t the only reason. What you should understand is our world has some problems, problems that are worsened by the large consumption of meat by Americans today. Go ahead do some research, it’s true. Gas for transportation (of meat, animals and their food), pollution and starvation are all factors that could improve. Simple facts basically say that we eat too much meat and all the food that goes to our “food” could be cut down for the better. No, don’t starve the cows; take it down a level by not requiring so many cows. If you’re interested in see some more facts view this website: http://www.flex.com/~jai/articles/101.html.
Well aside from the big picture, I’m doing just fine (even though I’ve wanted a really nice grilled bratwurst with mustard). I’ve been visiting some family out of state, “Oh, wait Lauren can’t have that. Hmmm. Lauren what do you want for dinner?” To be honest, I love basic fish I was content eating tilapia and shrimp for a few days at a time, “but Lauren don’t you want variety?” Maybe I had to repeat myself a few times because the fact that I didn’t want to try anything new when I’m away from home wasn’t getting through. Anyway, I feel like I have some more energy but then again I never ate three meals a day. When I get back, I might try a veggie burger and try to make up some shrimp taco things. Until then I guess I’m stuck with beautiful steamed tilapia, oh that’s just too bad.
I'm not actually a vegetarian but my dad is and when I go to his house I'm forced to eat like a vegetarian. So Veggie Burgers aren't bad, well, depending on the kind you get. Boca brand is frozen and they arent too bad. If you like spaghetti try it with some tofu in it. You can't really taste the tofu so if you don't like it that's not a problem but that way you still get the protein. I hope this helps.
ReplyDelete