Camping, always a fun adventure! The struggle of finding something to do that's both fun and green is over, I wish our family could camp all summer! This particular outdoor adventure occurred at our family's shack up in rose city. Since we believe in the more "genuine", camping experience, we went all out; no camper just a hundred year old tent, a nice fire and some fishing lines.
Originally I planned to get everything from nature, even food, to make camping even more green, of course it wouldn't be camping without a few forgotten items. For example, I planned to go fishing from a nearby lake to get "all natural" food, of course I brought the fishing lines but no hooks! Oh well at least my parents remembered a year supply of hot dogs!
Now, camping wouldn't be the same in our family without some form of fuel emissions, in our case from the four- wheelers. The next portion of our camping trip consisted of four wheeler riding and swimming. It was quite fun except for my failed attempt of trying to look cool, in which I decided to try and jump the four- wheeler and just ended up with a gigantic bruise!
The last day of camping was kind of a dud We were swimming as we would any day, when suddenly the sky was black. We abandoned swimming early but not before I got a lump of clay from the lake bottom to make an "all natural", clay bowl. So other than that we spent the rest of the day discovering the local party store, oh Joy what a blast!
After the storm we found our tent, flooded, where we left it. So ended our camping week that was, greener, than any other experience I've had this summer!
No comments:
Post a Comment