My Summer School Gym class ended on Friday and I passed with flying colors. I am now beginning to realize that when you don't have a daily schedule that you must attend to it becomes more of a task to continue what you have begun. I thought that after my class ended I would continue doing all of the workouts we did as a class and continue going to the weight room on a daily basis as well. I didn't account for the fact though that my schedule would get quite busier after my class was over. I am still continuing my stretches and all the workouts I can do without weights. (surprisingly there are actually a lot)
In my first post I remember saying that my "task may not be something that will effect a lot of people for the better, but I know it will help me. Maybe I will be able to influence others. If being healthier makes me feel better and have more energy and others can see that, then maybe they'll want to do it as well." Well, I have come to realize that my initial assumptions may not have been completely correct. No, I am not effecting a lot of people, but turns out I have effected a few. (: My little brother being one. Devin is 11 and he is a bit overweight. He knows this and has wanted to change that, but obviously an 11 year old boy would rather play video games instead of trying to lose a few pounds working out. I have always enjoyed working out, but I know most people don't feel that way. The other night I convinced both of my little brothers that exercise can be fun. I showed them some of the new stretches and workouts I learned in Gym. We had a lot of fun and even though we spent a bunch of time laughing at each other we still got a good workout. Exercise doesn't have to be boring, doing it with others can really make it more fun.
I will continue to do my workouts and continue working on my diet. Eating well is still a difficulty. I can eat well and not workout and it makes no difference to my body, but if I exercise and still don't eat very well it does effect my body for the better. So I do need to be working out, but changing how I eat might make me feel a little more energized but it is still a work in progress.
I will be going camping out at Groveland Oaks Camp Ground soon, so my posting schedule may adjust slightly, but I will still post and still workout.
I am pretty bad with motivation. I don't do any exercise unless I have a coach telling me to, so props to you! :)
ReplyDelete