Friday, July 30, 2010

Post 4!!!

Ok so week 4, halfway through the project, more than halfway through summer :( This week was very busy and I think I pushed my body way over its' limit. Since the last time I met with my trainer I was suppose to complete 2 of his workouts on my own before we met back again yesterday. Well since then, I had basketball and conditioning every single day except Monday, the only day I had time to do his workout. When yesterday rolled around I wasn’t even ready for another workout, quite frankly I was burned out. Every morning I hoped I could wake up and roll out of bed pain free, but I was wrong, my legs ached so bad. Now I know this isn't all bad because at least I have proof that I'm getting stronger, but I think I lacked a balance between recovery days and workout days.
Yesterday when I went for my jump training at VIP I felt pretty good, sore, but I wasn't going to let that stop me. I started warming up by jogging on the treadmill and jump roping. I really don’t know how I jumped rope everyday when I was little because it seems so difficult now. Then came the agility part of the workout, I had to run through hurdles, sprint, back peddle, and then go through the cycle again. Once I finished that, I headed back inside to work on my jumping form. The only way you can reach your maximum jump height is if you have proper form, so basically I have to relearn how to jump the correct way. I was feeling perfectly fine until I finished my jumping chin-ups and I started to get really light headed. I thought it would pass so I headed to the next exercise, bear crawling. As soon as I got ready to go I almost blacked out so I jumped up very quickly and my trainer told me to take a break for a few. He asked me when the last time I ate and I told him lunch and he concluded that was the reason why I wasn’t feeling great and the fact that I didn't have anything to drink all day didn't help the situation. We finished the day's workout by working on my stability and a couple weight lifting exercises. I received my homework and headed home. When I arrived home my mom made me dinner and I felt like I was going to throw up. If that wasn’t enough I only had a half hour to get ready for work, which I wasn’t looking forward to at all. So now I'm finally resting on my first day off and I'm trying to prepare my body for the next week ahead of me. I hope jump training will go a whole lot better next week and I can't wait to see my progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment