Sunday, July 18, 2010

Third Blog: This is Harder than Expected!

Hey everyone, I hope the projects and blogging are coming along just dandily (haha). Well, I've found out, after endless frusteration today, that this is going to be a lot harder than I thought! But, I'm definitely going to stick with this and keep on surging forward because I REALLY want to learn how to play the guitar.

I'm going to have to learn most of this off of youtube. Why? Because my guitar tutorials won't work :( I installed them on my computer but for some reason they wont play! I'm going to have to look further into that.

So, I began my eventful (nonetheless exasperating) adventure on youtube. My last blog, I talked about watching a video where I learned to tune the guitar, I learned the notes, (EADGBE) the basic parts of the guitar, etc. Today, I looked up how to play chords! And trust me, it's way harder than it looks. You gotta memorize the position your hands are in, what fret that certain chord is located in, what finger goes on what string... trust me, it gets really tiresome! And then, once you truly believe your hands are finally in the right position, and you play it... it sounds like creepy theme music from Halloween night. This probably hasn't happened to anyone else, but hey, I'm one of a kind!

Anyways, I have this certain goal in mind. Anyone know the song "Trouble" by Never Shout Never? A pretty popular song, it's cute, fun, and easy to learn. Well, it SHOULD be easy to learn! But for me its not! I watched a tutorial on what chords to play, and I even learned how to read tabs (a.k.a. chord diagrams.) But for some reason, I play the chords and it sounds like something off of Nightmare on Elm Street, I literally cringe at the sounds! But every once in awhile, I play it right, and it's like an amazing wa-la! moment. I'm going to get this!!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment