Saturday, July 31, 2010

Sit! Stay! Read this post!

Hey, Staicee here! Not to be short with you all, but this post is going straight to the point since I have to pack so I can leave for Ohio tomorrow morning. Guess what? I've grown bored with the idea of rewriting Twilight. I found the book extremely boring, and I don't really want to put effort into rewriting it. Thus, I give you my project idea, v.3.

Simply put, I'm going to take pictures of dogs and their owners, do a short interview with each owner, research the breed, and learn to draw the dog. Being an animal lover, this will be a very rewarding way to practice my drawing skills as well as increase my knowledge about our canine companions. I may open it up more and allow other kinds of pets later. I already know of roughly thirteen dogs that I'll be able to easily come into contact with in the next four weeks, though, so it shouldn't be necessary. Once it's all done, I'll put it into a collective work - powerpoint, scrapbook, something - and I'll be able to share it with anyone who's interested.

A great motivator in choosing this project was an incident at the park today: I identified a dog as a rough collie before even speaking to the owners, and was promptly informed by them that it was indeed a rough collie. (Think Lassie, and you've got the idea.) I was doubtful at first, since the coloring made me think of an Australian Shepherd, but I was pretty excited to know that I'd gotten his breed correct. He was a stunning example, so I wouldn't be surprised if he'd been in a dog show or two, but the owners weren't too personable. Oh well.


If you read through and think you and your pet would be willing to provide a picture and answer a few questions, please let me know in the comments below!! I'll be checking them often. :)

-Staicee L. Kwiatkowski

7 comments:

  1. Yay, your new project sounds fun! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it will be, Elyse! :D I already know I'll be able to see a German Shepherd, a few Border Collies, a couple of Golden Retrievers, a Miniature Schnauzer, a couple of Shih Tzus, a Miniature Poodle, a Pomeranian and a Timber Wolf cross. O_O' And I'm thinking of sneaking a ragdoll cat in there, since she's so fluffy and cute. xD

    My rambling aside, maybe we should include Murphy! xD Anyway, thanks for the comment! Hope your project's going well, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can include all my kitties if you'd like! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. My dog is the prettiest animal on the planet and you will draw her if you don't want me to throw a temper tantrum. =D.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ofcourse Annie would being willing!! As long as she could sit still long enough for a picture! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Elyse - Will do, if I get time/am not overwhelmed by the animals I'm already doing. You'll like my first owner and pet, I think. =DDDDD

    Ocean - Jittor IS beautiful...BUT I think many pet owners would beg to differ on the "prettiest in the world" part......Jake and his fish included.

    Steph - Oh I'm sure she could stay still....just hold her like a baby and pet her stomach haha. She didn't move at all when I did that. xD

    ReplyDelete
  7. what about angel and me? please lol and i randomly came across this when i was comparing google search results of my friends.

    ReplyDelete