I've had my current viola since eighth grade, and I haven't taken the best care of him. He (his name is Edourad ^^) has battle scars from getting knocked around at MMC, Collage, The Sound Music, and everything in between. While it's impossible to keep a stringed instrument entirely scratch free, it makes me sad to see the reminders of my instrument carelessness. I'll definitely need to make instrument awareness a higher priority...
I was able to play an decent rendition of "Anyone Else But You" from the movie Juno on guitar today. I'm having a bit of trouble figuring out how to hold the guitar neck, since I'm used to the much smaller viola, but I'm making progress. My mind keeps switching over to alto clef whenever I see treble clef, so that's been an ongoing problem that I'm still trying to work out. Reading a new clef is a skill that'll just come naturally with more practice, so I'm not too worried. The book I got for basic guitar has been a huge help with the whole learning process, and I'm pretty sure I'll be able to get through the entire thing by the end of the summer. Woo hoo!
I hope you guys have been having a great summer so far! Sounds like everyone's projects are going really good! :D
~Elyse Komarzec
No comments:
Post a Comment