Thursday, July 8, 2010

2nd Post

Well, my project has been kind of hard lately. I have a very bad sunburn from being out on my friends' boat and it's not making it very easy to skate. Even with my sunburn I have been skating a lot lately. My coach's have been working very hard with me on my freestyle program. I've learned the entire program and picked out my music. Besides actually learning your program picking out the music is the hardest part of a freestyle test. My coach had some ideas for the music and we ended up finding a piece that we both agreed on. If you don't already have an idea for your music you have to listen to a lot of songs until you find one that works. This kind of music can get very boring because it can't have any words and it has to be slow. My jumps have been going very well. I am close to landing the flip and I have landed the loop a few times but it's still not perfect. Spins are not as good. I have been practicing them off ice using my spinner (a small, metal device that you stand on and it lets you practice your spins) and on ice. Even though I have been practicing my sit spin the most it is still going to take a while before I will get it. I have been doing stretches everyday to strengthen my legs for the sit spin. I run on the treadmill, squats, shoot the duck and hydroblades, and crunches. There has not been that much of an improvement in my spins yet but I think that this will help. The test for freestyle is at the end of August. It might seem like a lot of time to do everything but when I think about all of the things I have to accomplish it is a little overwhelming.

No comments:

Post a Comment