Friday, July 2, 2010

No Hungarinan

Second post.
Over a month ago I heard this amazing song on iTunes while I was just searching through stuff. I had already heard a couple of the other Hungarian Dances and fell in love with them. When I heard Hungarian Dance No.6 violin solo with a piano accompaniment I bought it right away. The next morning I made my friends listen to it and told them I was playing it for Solo and Ensemble. Some laughed and others said I can do it if I work hard and still laughed. I am prepared to prove them wrong... as soon as my sheet music comes in. I ordered it about two weeks ago and it still has not been shipped which is not making me happy at all.

Thankfully all is not lost since I do have my duet song. I've attempted to play through the whole thing and have made it but sounded absolutely horrible. This past week I have made it a point to work on the first half which has a repeat at the end. I've got the timing somewhat down although it's much slower than the finished product will hopefully be. I've had to deal with figuring out where to shift to a couple times. There is one single not where I have to shift into 5th position, but luckily it is in a major that I've been practicing for a while now and I am only having slight difficulty with getting it in tune.

To make up for not having Hungarian Dance yet I have figured out what scale it is in (B flat major for those who care) and I am going to practice a 3 octave B flat major scale to perfect those notes and find out what they sound like. I will do this while I wait and when the music finally arrives. I also have a song called Bouree that I'm going to practice while I wait. The two songs only have a few similarities I can find since I only have the audio of one but I think it will help in some ways and will prepare me for what's to come.
So this is the only fairly decent video I found. When the judge cuts them off it's just because they had a repeat for the second half. I'll be playing the part the girl is playing. Anyone who notices melodies from other mozart songs let me know what they are please!

No comments:

Post a Comment