Half way over with the project/Half way over with summer. I think I know which side I rather pick. Although I must say I would like to have the larger amount of time the summer offers to work on my project, than the limited time during the school year. At the beginning of this project I already knew that I would take it into the school year (well at least until Solo and Ensemble in February). Now the fact that I'm going to have to continue after Labor Day has became more apparent with my sheet music being MIA. I thought that I just might be getting ripped off, but then I realized if I was being ripped off the money would be gone and/or there would be a ton of charges on my mom's credit card. So with that worry gone I need to find out what is going on with my music. I plan on calling the company and asking if they can explain to me what could be happening. To prove that I'm sane and not seeing things here is the e-mail that the company sent me.
Dear Customer,
Thank you for your recent order. The publisher of the material listed below from order #07236434 has informed us that their authorized U.S. selling agent is importing or back-ordering the music for you. A foreign import can easily take more than a month to receive. We will check on the progress of your order regularly with the publisher, and will send it as soon as it arrives.
Qty Title Item Composer Expected Date
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1 HUNGARIAN DANCE #6 7060015 BRAHMS, J 09/30/10
So I looked at this as I copied this from my e-mail. I think I missed some things. i though it said it could take up to a month, apparently it can take more than a month! Also I never noticed that it says the expected date which a just happens to be a month after the project is over! Well now that completely sucks! I think my head is going to blow up, give me a moment... well I guess I'm fine. I have a feeling I will develop an agreement with Barbara Kingsolver; Importing foreign food is bad and so is foreign import sheet music!
At the end of the week last week I ended up with a total of 300 minutes, definitely not my best but better than I have been doing. Also my estimate of 700 minutes since starting this project was off... by a lot. The board where I have my minutes written down included some from last month. I am officially on summer time: absence of individual weeks and months. Since the project has started I have practiced 460 minutes, including last weeks time (the week before we stared blogging I had a large amount of practice time).
I spent a lot of my time on Bouree last week (and now it seems I'll be spending even more time with it). I was basically trying to get a good grasp on the B flat major. I think that I'm doing fairly well at it, just need a little more work on playing on the E string then going to A string for E flat then back to E string. One of the major problems I'm having with the E flat major section are the accidentals. For those who have no idea what I'm talking about accidentals are notes that are marked with a sign that cancels the key signature (in my case B flat Major) and makes the note a different tone than the others staying true to the key. It just so happens that about every other note is an accidental (I may be exaggerating a teeny tiny bit) which is driving me insane! It doesn't help that the book that I got the song from puts the fingerings in (for crying out loud it's not a 5th grader song! Unless of course your one of those parents that have your child playing an instrument the moment it is born) and it has which notes are flat because of the key signature. This makes it hard to find which note is an accidental or not because the black ink above each not just turns into a blur whenever I'm playing. So I decided that I needed something to make the accidentals to stand out. I would like to introduce my new friend Mr. Yellow Higlighter, he is an Stapleian and doesn't appreciate when his name is made fun of. He has helped out tremendously and I believe he'll come in handy for the first half of the song when I decide to tackle it.
Hope everyone is having a great summer and more luck on their project than me.
Keep Going Katelin! We Believe In You! That is annoying about the foreign sheet music, don't they know we have to practice? Good thing you ordered it before summer and not a week before S&E.
ReplyDelete