Friday, July 9, 2010

Lilly's project; Post two

Monday was the official beginning of my project and so far, everything is going well and as planned. For my scrapbook I wanted to contain many pictures and although a disposable camera would be more convenient for this task, I don't want the pictures to have such low quality, therefore I will be using my own camera and printing them off from my computer. By using my digital camera I have more difficulties because I had to buy photo quality paper, instead of printing it off on regular paper. Another problem is ink. Printing photos takes up a large amount of ink and even through these minor problems, I still choose to use my camera. Hopefully it pays off and my scrapbook will be even more enjoyable and memorable. Along with the scrapbook, I planned to write three letters to myself each week. As a reminder, these letters would contain feelings, thoughts, etc during my summer. For this week, I have accomplished my goal and have all the necessary supplies along with a few pictures and my three letters for this week.

Tomorrow is the day I purchase my first concert ticket for the summer. I'm really excited, because i'm seeing two bands that have been my favorite for a really long time. Not only am I excited to see my favorite bands live, but I have something more to put in my scrapbook. Another exciting event that may happen this week is a musician playing an acoustic set in my backyard. This musician is know as Craig Owens. Craig lives in Rochester and is good friends with my friend, Kelly. When we play basketball with Craig, he tells us the perfect show for him would be playing at a bonfire surrounded by friends and having a good time. He's played at her house before, but she lives too far away for all of us to drive there, nor does she have a bonfire pit. Whereas I live 15 minutes away and have a bonfire pit, so my house fits the criteria perfectly.

What we hope to do is to have him come over and play the acoustic set in my backyard around a bonfire. We don't know if it's set in stone yet because he leaves to California this thursday to work on a new album, but other than that he agrees to play at my house. So there are many exciting things happening this summer.

Hope everyone's summer is going well.
Love, Lilly.

No comments:

Post a Comment