Thursday, July 1, 2010

Help Wanted

Sorry this is a few hours late. Like most of you, I could not figure out what I wanted to do for my summer project. I could not decide between taking cooking classes or making a quilt. Then I decided those ideas were boring and it would be too hard to stretch either of these out throughout the entire summer. If I'm going to chronicle my experience, it should be about something important and beneficial to me. I decided to write about my experience at my very first job that I just started last month. I just turned 16 in April and applied for my first job at Burger King the day after my birthday. I wanted the job because I got my first car for my birthday and with that comes a lot of responsibilties. I now have to pay for my own car insurance, gas in my car, and any accessories I want to add. On top of that, it is also giving me a sense of independence, discipline, and a foundation to be a hard worker in the future. I don't have to ask for money as much as I used too, and it feels great to be able to provid for my self. Even if it is only a $130 check, it is better then nothing. I know with having this job it means missing out on opportunities, like going to parties or to the beach with my friends, but i'm looking at the long term benifits. With this job i'm learning more on how to communicate with the public. Having these skills will help me in the long run. By the end of this summer I want to be able improve my people skills, possibly earn a raise, and get more hours.
Every week I will be posting my experinces at work on this blog and on my twitter account.

No comments:

Post a Comment