All this week my boat has seen no attention. All of its beloved creator's time has been spent on about half of its lifeboats. Aww, poor little cruise boat... If it makes my boat feel any better, I've been bored out of my mind with the task at hand this week. These lifeboats are teeny tiny little things and therefore take a tedious amount of care to paint. Not only that, but unless they are one hundred percent dry, the lifeboats will not even try to stick to anything. Obviously, I've discovered the divas in this model kit.
I can't even imagine what the rigging is going to be like once I get to that step. I had a dream a couple of days ago that I was working on my boat in my kitchen during a thunderstorm and lightning came through the window and struck my boat. And just like the scary dream cliche that it was, my boat came alive and ate me right there at the dinner table. Talk about a bad omen. I have since then refused to work on my boat during some of the storms we've had lately.
Needless to say, there is still much work to be done on my luxury cruiser, but I am closer to the finish line than I was one week ago. I am also closer to the insane asylum because having to practice this much patience is driving me nuts! Above all I would like to add that even though this process is somewhat annoying, building my boat is allowing me to relieve some of my pent-up creative energy, which I am thankful for. It really makes me proud to say that I've actually accomplished something during the summer, a time that I usually dedicate to doing absolutely nothing constructive. Lets hope my next report will be along the same lines as far as progress goes!
No comments:
Post a Comment