Thursday, July 15, 2010

Ashley Shuell's 2nd Blog Post

I've been out for a week so here is my second blog post. Yesterday, I went over my friend’s house to hang out but we ended up working on my project together since she has most of the materials I needed. We basically constructed a book with: Cardboard, glue, saran wrap, fabric, thread, needles and paper. I cut out the cover and the back then wrapped it in saran wrap so that it could be sturdy. We then proceeded to cut out fabric to the right length to cover the book; of course, we glued the fabric to the book and let it dry. The last thing we did was put the pages in the book, the process is really tedious, we had to sew groups of pages together, I saw this to be too difficult and just glued the pages together which worked just as well, and then I glued it to the book. In the end the book looks good, but it does have a few air bubbles but other than that it likes very nice.

The next step in my project is too make more poems so that I have one for almost every page and to decorate it. I was thinking about leaving a few pages blank and randomly putting pictures or doing something to it, and then I wouldn’t have to think up some more poems. Tomorrow I am going to Joana’s Fabric to pick up any extra material that I may need later. I already have a few pictures in mind that I want to put in the book; I have them saved on my computer, I still need to find a lot more and I need to figure out how many poems I need to write. Well that’s all for today, Goodnight!

-Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment