Wednesday, July 7, 2010

2nd Post

Ive been neglecting my posts for the past 2 weeks but I finally found some time to get time to get on the computer and update you guys with all the things Ive been doing. I havent been around because my mom, who lives in Utah, is here to visit and Ive been trying to spend as much time with her as possible while shes here.
So Ive made alot of progress with my project, trying to get around and see alot of places. My first adventure was to Detroit to see a tigers game. I thought itd be a good spot because theres lots of poverty and always alot of homeless people. Everytime I go down there I just start feeling so bad for all the people who are less fortunate and have to ask for random peoples spare change hoping maybe if theyre kind theyll get to eat that night. I talked with a man I met about his troubles and he told me about how his life was made horrible by his addiction to drinking. I took his picture and wrote a poem capturing how addictions can ruin lives. Most people I saw there I was way too intimidated to talk to so instead just took their pictures. After the game was over, I was walking back to the car and noticed 2 people sitting at a bus stop and a woman was injecting herself with something that was clearly not legal.
The second place I went was Pontiac to go to the soup kitchen. Im currently trying to see if maybe I can work there one day to get up close and personal with the people. Im also going to think of some way to raise some money to donate to help feed the less fortunate.

No comments:

Post a Comment