Thursday, July 15, 2010

Third post's a charm... ha

Summer is going by really fast. But I figure I still have about six more weeks to reach my goal. It's time to kick it into high gear. Eh, maybe not. I'll kick it into high gear next week.
So, my little health kick is going down better than I expected. Sure there are always a few slip-ups here and there, but for the most part I'm doing pretty good. I mean I ate a salad the other day, with tomatoes and it wasn't even something they just handed to me with my dinner at a restaurant. It was totally out of my own will. That's scary, because I never eat vegetables. Actually I think tomatoes are fruits... whatever I ate them.
Now physically, I'm slacking a little. We had a little break from cheerleading last week, in which I just ate healthy and did not work out whatsoever. That was stupid. Now I have like five days in a row of cheer this week which comes to 17 hours somehow.
Of course, coming back, I expected to be a little rusty on everything. But, my fulls looked pretty good (on the trampoline onto a big squishy crash pad.) And just when I'm starting to progress and do really good, my coach asks me to start working on arabians.

Arabians usually come after getting a full, but those kind of rules don't usually apply to me I just get the skills I really want and work hard for. There was a little mishap though. You see... arabians scare me. Instead of jumping straight up, turning, and doing a front flip... I jumped straight up, turned, put one foot down, folded in half, fell, and destroyed my back. It looked stupid and I got all the "are you okay?" instant pity crap that I hate.
So I was like screw this I'm done working on twisting for today and instead got new tumbling skills, which are a level above the team that I am on now.

That's a double toe touch tuck. Cool. Nobody cares. But I do.
So I'm going to fix my back and step up my game. Oh, and I'll I'll stop using videos of random people on YouTube. I'll start videotaping my progress next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment