Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Cadence Update #1

Alex here again, updating after one week of working on composing my cadence. So far I've gotten the base rhythm (the rhythm that the whole cadence is based on) down, which is one of the hardest parts. But then, getting started is always hard. Also, I'm changing how I'm going to lay out my project. Instead of doing each part one at a time (for example, snare first, then bass, and so on), I'm going to write fewer measures each week, but do all parts at the same time, except for cymbals, because I'm not that experienced at writing cymbal music, but it is usually the easiest part to write. That said, I've written out the intro, which wasn't too hard once I got the base rhythm down.

The next thing I'm going to write is the main part of the cadence, which coincidentally, uses the main rhythm of the cadence. It's going to be based off of the base rhythm, with some changes to make it more complex and sound cooler. It's going to be the longest part of the cadence, but I'm also going to be working on it the longest, possibly two weeks to get all the kinks out of it. But, when it's done, I think it will sound awesome, and I hope everyone who will listen will agree.

Well, that's all for this week, I'm really hoping that this part goes smoothly, because it's the main part, and possibly the most important part. I'm excited to hear how it will sound in the end, seeing as how this will be my first attempt at doing this. As I said in my first post I'm not a very creative person, but if I can do this, I think I can say I'm more creative than I thought. Thank you for reading, and I'll be back next week with a new update to my project.

No comments:

Post a Comment