3rd post
Well I haven't done much since my last post as far as pictures. I tend to get scared of what these people will think of me when I'm taking their picture, if they'll be mad or feel worse about themselves. That's the last thing I want to do. The last time I tried to wasn't exactly a nice experience, in fact I think I may be scarred for life. The old shut down insane asylum is known to be a shelter for those without homes and in my opinion it's the scariest place Ive ever been and I didn't even make it to the inside. I went there in hopes of seeing some of the desperate things people might do when they have nothing. So I was walking into the parking lot from one of the neighborhoods close by and it was pitch black out. I was making my way up to the front door when I heard something or somebody in the giant weeds that were growing out of the pavement. I started panicking and just trying to get to the door as fast as I could. I looked around and saw people running at me but couldn't make out what the people looked like so I ran away as quick as my legs would take me. I may try and go back one day, as for now I think I'm good. I have contacted the Soup Kitchen in Pontiac and hopefully my friend Ashley and I will be able to work there for a day next week, that should be an interesting experience. I would just love to do anything to help make these peoples life better and I don't know what exactly to do so I thought this would be a good place to start. I also have gathered up some items on their donation list at their website (baldwincenter.org) I'm hoping to find a fundraiser I can help contribute to. Maybe at the picnic I'll try to set something up, I'm not sure yet.
No comments:
Post a Comment