( this is an update of last weeks progress.)
So far, so good, I am glad to say that my family is going along with the "go green", thing. We have been putting buckets in the shower to catch excess water, working on an official compost pile, turning off the computer after use, unplugging appliances when they aren't in use and even converting to reusable bottles opposed to the other kind you just throw away. Going green has actually given me a sense of accomplishment, which I haven't felt since learning to ride a two wheeled bike! Though, I'll admit this too, going green can be difficult, I would encourage everyone to try it, the feeling of working toward a goal as difficult as this is second to none.
This first week of "green", projects, was mostly a time to figure out problems. The first roadblock I came upon was, what goal can I work to achieve? I know how to simply go green and do the basic recycling and turn off the lights when leaving a room but what could I ultimately work for, a goal to achieve by the end of summer? My solution, well since my project deals with going green being worth $ it, why not try to lower our energy/ water bills. Now that the first problem was solved another decided to pop up, we are soon due to go camping. Camping is the ultimate "green" thing to do, how in the world do you turn something green that already is? That problem is still up in the air, mostly all I could figure out was to replace the light bulbs in the shack where we camp, with energy efficient light bulbs or maybe pick up trash. I guess I'll figure out that problem when it comes.
In all honesty, I am very exited to do this project, hopefully success comes my way, in terms of going green. I look forward to later posts when, hopefully, I can report of my success!
No comments:
Post a Comment