Friday, July 16, 2010

third post:good and bad news

So there’s some good news and bad news..good news, I am getting a lot better with my in fielding! Bad news..my team isn't don’t good at all. We had our third tournament in Millington this past weekend and didn’t do very well at all. Even though we’ve had practices twice every week for about three weeks now none of the things we learn and practice seems to stick while we are on the field during a game. In the tournament there were only a total of four teams in our 16u division, which meant we only had to play three teams total and play at least one of the teams again to get to the finals. On Saturday we played three games the first starting at 8 in the morning, right from the get go we made mental mistakes and couldn’t shake them off. After our first game we got lectured on what we did wrong, things we should have done better, mistakes that need to be fixed, and how things should go next game. With the little down time we got in-between our games we seemed to get more off track and it showed in the second game when we continued to make mental errors. After the game one of my team members called a team meeting, I was glad because we really needed it. She explained to everyone how even though we’ve made our mistakes we need to pick it up and try harder. Everyone agreed with this as well and having their inputs as to what we should do to pick up team mates when they’re down, batting during our third game, and proving to our coaches that it isn’t their fault we aren’t doing very well. So going into our third and final game for the day we had our heads held high feeling more confident and determined to prove to our coaches we can win. At first we started off hitting really well scoring girl after girl, stealing bases like it was something we’ve done our whole lives, and smiling and laughing together as a team! Throughout the game though we started to fall the same way we have in every other game we played this year, the mental mistakes had caught up and were there to stay. Even though our hitting was good there’s was better because we couldn’t seem to play the field right. In the end we lost all our games.. everyone was disappointed. During our lecture nobody knew what to say, we all felt bad and let down and nothing could make us feel better. I hope our team can somehow pull it together better than this for our final tournament. Even though as a team things are rough I have definitely improved as an individual! My in-fielding has gotten better. (I’ve never played in-field before, but during practice I’m actually understanding what to do in the position I am in!) My hitting is still improving, while other girls on my team were having a hard time hitting off girls from other teams last weekend I was right on and always had a hit or walk. I’m glad I’m making progress with this and I have high hopes that my team will come together soon!I also found out that I’m on a team with Ocean Pappas’ cousin Madison. What a small world haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment