Thursday, July 8, 2010

Alrighty, I have yet to get my books but I promise I WILL get them.

Today I worked on my boat for the first time. I got through steps 1, 2, & 3...out of 45. I worked for about three and a half hours, but did manage to get my bottom boat and first floor done. I also have about half the paint done for those layers too. Although I'm not too sure how the paint thing is going because my color scheme did not quite work out the way I wanted it too : (

I learned some things today, like Dutch people make ridiculously difficult instructions. Also, I learned enamel paint does NOT come off with water. Then I learned that paint thinner is a life saver, and cement glue unfortunately works like paint thinner... Oh, boy was that a difficult experience.

Overall I had majorly a trial and error day. I look forward to the finished result of this whole thing, but the journey there will be trying. There's a lot to worry about that I have almost literally gone crazy over today like spilling paint or glueing the wrong part or losing a piece because there are NO backups!!!!! You would think they would include backups... Anyway, it may sound over dramatic but building model cruise ships is stressful.

Now I know why bitter, old, lonely men are so cranky.

The part that makes me nervous about my project is I have to work on it at my kitchen table due to lack of space. Since my kitchen table is fairly new and expensive, I was scared to death of getting paint or glue on my table. The whole time I worried about every little drop of paint that left a bottle, and was freakishly overprotective of my mothers prized possession. Luckily it paid off but my sister kept staring at me like I was a madwoman or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment