Friday, July 2, 2010
The Project Idea
My apologies for this being after the 30th. I knew we had to have our idea, but complications came up as to me being without internet access for the past week in PA and also being sick. I understand this is not the greatest of excuses. Either way my project is to write a children's book and have it completed by the end of the eight weeks. I don't think I will be venturing into the idea of publishing at all within that time because getting a children's book published is one of the hardest things to publish let alone actually writing one. This is mostly because you have a trained audience of specifically children. You have to come up with an idea that captures their attention long enough to draw them in. Even when your audience is young adults or adults this can still be difficult, but even with a child who can't sit still it's something you have to master. I'm leaning towards this book being directed at younger children in which case it would be a picture book. I've always known I wanted to write, but picture books had never captured my interest for the main reason being that as small as they are you have less to write and you have to use smaller words in order for the children to understand what you're communicating. It's similar to having limited characters to put into a Twitter update. It has to be short and sweet. I am still considering whether or not I will be using my own illustrations (despite I am not the best artist when it comes to drawing) or if I can master it, which will also be a challenge, taking pictures and using my photographs as the "illustrations". It will all depend on the theme of my story which I am going to plan on conjuring this upcoming week. Hope all is going well with everyone and good luck on your journey! :) P.S. Happy 4th of July!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Your user name should be your first initial followed by your last name.
ReplyDelete