Yo, what’s crackin’? This week has been absolutely nuts for me. My family has been in a twist, busy an all. There have been open houses for those out of state and giant family gatherings with people I don’t know. Of course my grandmother has to make a “special” dinner for me and my vegetarianism. As much as I appreciate and enjoy spending time with my family, the constant drama is totally stressing me out. Stress, for me, can lead to a sudden lack of eating or mood swings. Both of which I have skipped in and out of as I try to mend some family issues.
My goal to go vegetarian is going alright; let’s just say I’ve learned a few things. Protein is so critical to a diet, it is not even funny. Eventually lack of protein can cause loss of muscle mass or decrease in immunity. On the other hand, tons of food items have protein. Almost every fruit and vegetable has a little protein, plus eggs (like in waffles or pancakes) have tons of protein. Basically if you try to have at least three meals a day, you’re going to get all the protein you need. Vegetarians have to worry about their protein intake, but for you meat eaters out there you probably have little to worry about.
Ramble time: Grilled salmon tastes like cat food. I’m not saying I’ve had cat food but I know what it smells like which is nasty. In my opinion, Chinese food is not worth it if chicken is out of the question unless you really adore egg rolls and rice. What is in wonton soup anyway? I think it’s probably some kind of pork, it’s a good thing I tried to avoid it at the restaurant. Fish tacos taste pretty good, like any other taco just with different sauce so you should try one!
I have no clue what is in Wonton soup but it is delicous!!!! This is random but you probably do not want another cat, do you? He needs a home and is so cute!!!!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad to hear everything is going well with your vegetarianism! Keep up the good work, veggie buddy!
ReplyDeleteThe whole protein deal is a bit overdramatic. I have never had problems with protein, you can get it in almost anything, like you said. Lately I have had problems with Iron though, which makes me sleepy and really sucks. Pass the spinach? The best way to tell if you are getting all the nutrients in is to judge just how well you are feeling. Meat can only give you an over abundance of fat, there is nothing we can actually use from corpses. Glad to hear that you have joined the healthy side of life!
ReplyDelete