Hey everyone!
Okay so, I posted once already, but I don't think it showed up on here? Mr. Wilson, please click on my profile, so you can see my first post! I have already posted once, I promise!! Its under, "One Chord At a Time", I WOULD screw up my first post, haha! But there's proof that I did it :)
OH MY GOSH! The guitar is a pretty awesome instrument! I took a tutorial on Youtube, and it was really really helpful :)! I learned the basic things about the guitar! Let me go through what I have learned and now have memorized.
A) The guitar is composed of many different parts. There is the neck, (that long part of the guitar) the frets, (those vertical lines located on the neck separating the different notes,, numbered one through six with one being closest to the tuning pegs) the fret board (what the frets are located on) the nut, (a line thing that the strings pass over), the tuning pegs, (the tuning devices used to, well, tune the strings), the headstock (where the tuning pegs are located), the six strings, (numbered one through six, one being the skinniest string and six being the thickest),
the position markers (the dots on the neck of the guitar located on the fret board, used as a visual aid), the body of the guitar, (the big wooden part of the guitar, the part that isn't the neck), the sound hole, (the big hollow whole located on the body of the guitar), the bridge (where the strings of the guitar connect to the body of the guitar), and lastly, the picks (where the strings are held in to the guitar).
B) There are six strings (already mentioned). They are numbered one through six, with the skinniest string being one and the thickest being six (again, already mentioned). There are specific number names for the strings: E, A, D, G, B, and E. Low E is string number six, A is string number five, D is string number four, G is string number three, B is string number two, and high E is string number one. I tuned all of my strings today by ear from that youtube tutorial, ahh im so proud of myself! Afterward my strings sounded exactly like the strings of the guitar on youtube :)!
C) The guitar uses the treble clef for the notes. On the lines on the treble clef, the notes are read E, G, B, D, F (Every Good Boy Deserves Fudge) but this is stuff I already know because I played the flute and piano, and thank goodness! It makes this so much easier! The spaces on the treble clef are F, A, C, E (FACE as an acronym.)
Well, that's pretty much all I know for now, I got the basics down! Something I don't understand though, is the spaces between the frets. Those are different notes in between there, right? Can somebody please explain that to me? I know that the different strings are different notes, but are there different notes ON the string? I need an experienced guitarist to let me know, because I'm confused about that!
This is coming along! I'm excited! :)
I'm not sure but your best bet is to look online or use yahoo answers to find it out.
ReplyDelete