So Loni Here again, well this past week and a half I’ve been in New Jersey on vacation, but I’m back now. It’s been a really slow start for my summer project because I haven’t had time for it but now that I’m not going to be in another state I can go forward with it.
I’m planning on getting my sax sometime this week from McCourt’s and practicing it for a couple of days because I’m probably a little bit rusty. I’m really excited to start playing again.
While I was in New Jersey I visited New York and in Central Park and the subways, there are so many musicians and performers that play there asking for donations. Some people had bags or boxes filled with money and so that gave me like confidence that I can at least get a good amount of money for this summer. I mean there were even some players who sounded realllyy bad and they were still getting a lot of money.
I definitely need to go to semi crowded areas though because, well I’m sure that where I’ll get the most donations.
I was like set in stone about my goal for the end of the summer, but I’m not so sure about it anymore. I still want to give money to charity, but I mean I really want a car, soo it’s a hard decision, I’ll think about. Maybe I’ll do like 20% to charity and 80% towards my own selfish wants. But then I would feel like a jerk. Hmmm. I just can’t really decide what I should do.
Umm and maybe a question for people I’m not sure if I should play just random improvisation music or should I play actual songs that people might recognize, which style would people like better? :))
First, about the car. there is no reason why you can't continue to play for money once the summer is over, I would suggest focusing on charity over the summer and then saving everything you make after school starts. Second, play what ever comes to mind. some people are going to want to hear songs they know, others might feel annoyed by them and prefer your improvs. you should play a healthy mixture.
ReplyDelete