Wednesday, July 14, 2010

This past week I've made a lot of progress with my boat, but I've also changed a lot of things. My original color scheme and boat name have changed, and I've changed my whole outlook on this project. Originally the plan was to make it a big-time party cruiser, but I've decided to alter its style. My boat now has a sense of class, dignity, and royale to it. My "new boat" is now an upscale, high luxury cruiser. Since my boat is under construction at the moment, I want its appearance to remain a mystery to the public, therefore I will spare its details 'til the last blog.

The difficulties with building the boat this week have deffinately been related to the TINY pieces I've had to assemble. As I have said in the past, Dutch people really must have nothing better to do than make tedious rainy day projects. (If you're wondering about my constant references to the Dutch, it is because my boat was built by the Dutch people AND the instructions are indeed in Dutch.) Anyways, I have aquired a new sense of patience doing this project because there is a lot of waiting involved. Between glue and paint and keeping things non-messy, I really have to put a whole lot of effort into a little bit of progress.

All in all, I have completed the general body of the boat. All that's left to do is the detail work, which is much more time consuming. The thing I'm most worried about is the rigging, which is basically the string work. That will be the last step for sure. When I finish the boat, I'm thinking about building tiny people for it out of toothpicks. (Its too small for barbies.) But seriously, this project is teaching me a lot about being more laid back and patient in life, which I'm glad for.

No comments:

Post a Comment