It’s summer time people and that means there is going to be a lot of grilling. Families get together and have meat, corn and maybe some salad. I'm positive that most of you have already had hot dogs and hamburgers, or grilled steak and chicken. At the moment, I won’t have that because I’m vegetarian and all. On the other hand I feel a little bit healthier.
For some of you giving up meat would be impossible, you’re accustomed to getting a lot of your daily protein from it. That tender beef or pork or chicken can show up in every meal. Think about it; for breakfast you could have pancakes and sausage. For lunch, you might make a ham and cheese sandwich. For dinner, steak and corn just happens to be on the table. I’m tired of it, I love fruits and vegetables so don’t call me crazy just because I choose to try a diet healthier for me.
Anyways, I have tried a couple new foods that my family had made for me.
-Vegetarian Sandwich: wheat bread, mayo, classic mustard, swiss cheese, lettuce, red onion, and extra tomatoes.
-Fruit and Vegetable Kabobs: red apple, pineapple, grapes (any color), banana, celery, cherry tomatoes, carrots, and peppers (any color)
-Dark Chocolate and Banana Panini: sourdough bread, dark chocolate, bananas, honey
-Shrimp Pizza: small shrimp, spinach, assortment of vegetables, pizza cheese
Of course I have also tried different fish; salmon, shark, tuna. I really dislike tuna but that was expected. I still want to try fish tacos, homemade hummus and eggplant parmesan. From jimmy john’s I had a vegetarian sandwich, it had an avocado spread! It was pretty good.
I’ve also learned that I need to stay away from fast food places. McDonald’s for example, makes their fries with a series of oils including beef fat. GROSS, in my opinion. Yes, they have salads and the fish sandwich thing but why would I go there for a salad? I mean unless I’m on the road to Iowa (to visit my family) and we have to stop at McDonald’s, I am not eating their salad.
But I do like their commericals. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csrPT9ClVUc
The panini sounds so yummy!!!!!!!!!! :)That's a vegetarian meal I would eat!!!!
ReplyDelete