I started my project yesterday!
My scrapbook will begin with a short summary of my plan, blah, blah, blah. I am debating whether I should put in a table of contents, but I think that would make it too formal. I just want a fun summary of what I did, not a novel of my life. I have also decided that instead of writing an entire paragraph about my day, which I know will get pretty boring, I will have a short quote, just a sentence or two, or write a short poem, to embellish the pages. So then it will be more about the pictures, not the chunk of font sitting on the page.
The first picture is of my sister, Kristen. She is a major contributor to my project because she is loaning me her camera for the summer. It's a lot nicer than my cheap-o digital I bought a few years ago from Walmart, and it takes a better quality photo. I'm still learning where all the settings are and all that jazz. I'm no pro at photography, so I may be asking a question here and there and any help is much appreciated. (Ha! Appreciation.)
Speaking of appreciation, I would like to clarify the exact reason that I am using that subject as my theme. Recently I realized that my life is one fifth of the way gone. There's two ways to look at this:
1. Do I understand how much the people in my life, so far, have effected who I am and what I have? Do I think about what my parents go through to pay for my dancing and school supplies? Most of the time, no.
2. I have barely lived. How will I be able to do anything in this world without knowing who effects the person I am? How can I be successful without knowing how I am supposed to react to certain things?
So, I guess it makes more sense in my head... but that's the best I can explain it to you all.
I'm still in the process of writing my summary for the beginning, so I won't put that on here. If anyone has any cute summer quotes/poems for my scrapbook they would be of great help.
Happy Summer! -Alison Mosher
This is going to be a great scrapbook, I can't wait to find out what it will look like when it is complete! Are the summer poems and quotes just to fill space? you could always take pictures other things like landscapes to surround your main picture with. you should be able to appreciate the world around you as much as the people in it.
ReplyDeletewell, i want to include a few short quotations also, so the page doesnt get too over crowded with just pictures.
ReplyDeletebut that is a very good idea, to include the landscapes into my book, thanks! i dont know why i didnt think of that. haha