Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Frustration Level.

So I recently got back from Mackinac Island with my family and a friend. I had a good time, and I was outdoors and moving the whole time, so that was good for my project. :) I did the 8 mile bike ride around the island, we were walking every day to where ever we needed to go, and I went horse-back riding. Very cool.

Now that I'm back, I'm realizing how much I have to get done before the summer's up, and how little time I have to do it. I'm kind of mentally freaking out. As much as it pains me to say it, I have yet to start the Animal, Vegetable, Miracle book. I'm a few essays into the In Fact book, but that's not very far, either. So I'm thinking I'm screwed. Procrastination gets me every time.

Not only do I have to kick start my reading, I feel like my project is failing. I've been more active this summer than I have in the past. Like I'm outside every summer, but this summer I'm going out JUST to exercise. That's a leap for me. I feel like I've been working pretty hard, but I don't see or feel any results. I've been weighing myself on a regular basis and I'm not seeing a big change. It goes up and down within a 7 pound range. Some days I'm like 3 pounds heavier and others it seems like I've lost 5 pounds over night. Other than that, my weight has stayed the same. I feel like something should happen, but I'm left a little unsatisfied so far.

I have way too many things to do. Read, continue with my project, write the essay, remember to blog, then I have everyday things like work, hanging with friends, cello lessons...And I just have to throw in some down time, which usually involves a personal book or two outside of the assignment. Pride & Prejudice and Evermore are what I'm reading at the moment. I started them both during the school year, but I set them aside due to exam stress. I picked them back up when school got out. Should I have picked up the assignment books instead of my personal ones? Probably. But I've already started them, so I must finish now.

We have a little over 6 weeks left until school starts. Two of those weeks I will be out of town (Mission trip to Minneapolis, orchestra camp). I'm really trying to balance it all, but I feel like I'm doing a bad job. Normally, I work pretty well under pressure, so I'm hoping that it will drive me through my books and essays. The only thing I'm really worried about is my sanity. Yayy.. :\

3 comments:

  1. Are you weighing yourself at the same time each day? Your weight actually fluctuates naturally, so to get the most accurate results, you should set a certain time to measure your weight. ^_^ Or at least, that's what my Wii Fit told me a while back. xD

    And if it comes as any consolation, I haven't started either book yet. ^-^ So I'm further behind...not that that's a good thing, but hey, you're not the only one procrastinating! :)

    Good luck, (lol)
    Staicee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kim,

    Never give up! You're doing a really good job and you're basically just a beast. Always weight your self right when you wake up, without any food in your stomach, and if you can pee first that's good too. The crazy range of 7 pounds that keeps happening is probably just water weight, so weight yourself in the morning when you don't have a lot of water in your system. Just remember, no food in your stomach, no clothes when you weight, and no water and you'll be fine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the info! Gotta get on that. :)

    ReplyDelete