Why it was Late:
Okay, so this post is late. I realize that. But I can explain. In short, I drove down to Missouri to see my extended family, staying at my grandparents' house with aunts, uncles, cousins, and one Border Collie. Kinda sucked that it was the first time without our Sibe, Bandit, but it is what it is. So normally I leech wireless internet from the good people a few doors down...but this year it was set up so you could access other computers on the network, but not the Internet. And I couldn't change this setting from my laptop. The other wireless networks around were password protected, and I didn't have any passwords. Lastly, my grandma has dial-up. Connected into the phone line, slower than the current in a puddle, frustrating as anything. Fun. So we didn't even bother with that. (And as a side note so you can all laugh at me, I cut my butt open while filling the waverunners with gas. Had to go to the hospital. Three hours later, they tell me it doesn't need stitches but I can't go in the water for ten days. Wasn't in Missouri for more than eight, and this happened on the first day. FML. Couldn't swim, couldn't tube, barely able to use the waverunners. It's still healing.)
My Limited Progress
Well, I managed to save a couple of baby ducks on a random chance encounter on a walk. They were stuck between a 2ft manmade waterfall and a tunnel blocked with broken cinder blocks...literally between a rock and a hard place! I lifted them out after determining that their mother really was gone. It was kinda adorable when they scrambled away...
Then, in Missouri, I worked on training my grandmother's overexcited Border Collie, Devon. Adorable dog, but he's just too hyper for most of the people in the family to handle, and he sometimes growls, snaps, barks for no reason. Well, not "no reason", more like "something's not going my way" or "I don't want you here; go away," hahaha. Since I couldn't go in the water with my battle wound (see above) I spent a lot of time playing with him and getting him to do tricks on command. By the end of the week, we had Sit, Shake Paws (he'd give not just one, but both paws depending on which one I asked for! Awesome!), Down, Sit Pretty, Stay, and....*drumroll*....Roll Over!! The last one was quite an accomplishment, since he'd gotten to the point where he'd "cheat" whenever my grandparents asked him to roll. He'd lay down and roll almost onto his back, then roll back up on the same side instead of doing a full roll. He's smart, but definitely a funny one. :)
And Now...
Aaaaannnd...it may be time to change my project idea, if it isn't too late already. I saw Mr. Wilson changed his on his first post...so maybe I can get away with this? Not much I can do about it, though - the shelter I contacted about possibly volunteering STILL hasn't replied. Besides that, it looks like I'll be really busy in the coming weeks. Open house on Saturday, friend possibly coming up from out of state this weekend, sleepover next weekend, a week long vacation with my friend from out of state during the first week of August, and another week in Missouri during August's second week. Not to mention the fact that plans seem to constantly change. If I'm to be social (this doesn't happen often, folks! I have friends, but I seem to stay home a lot, lol) then my possible volunteer time is cut drastically. Factoring in that I'm my younger brother's unofficial official babysitter, it's looking like I'll be needing a project that can be done in the comfort of my own home.
So the Idea, Then...What is it?
Simply put, I want to write a fictional story. I'm not aiming to get it published. The idea has been there for a while now - I wanna see if I can't write a story better than a well-known author. And who better to target than Stephenie Meyer's Twilight 'Saga'? Basically, her story comes down to this: "let's take the idea of vampires and run with it in a new direction". So I'll bite, no pun intended. After being put to sleep by the excessive hyphens and "descriptions" of Edward, I thought about it for a bit and decided that the core idea had a ton of potential. Seriously, an amazing amount. It's like if you looked at Robert Pattinson's face and dug down, past the sparkling vampire, past the only Hufflepuff ever really mentioned in Harry Potter, and found that at his core, the actor is really Super Saiyan 4 Goku charging up the good ol' Kamehameha. (Which, incidentally, looks like this: http://tinyurl.com/ss4-goku-kamehameha ) Good stuff indeed. So that'll be that. I'm planning on getting a "first book" written, though it more than likely won't go to print. It'll be about the same length of Twilight, so approximately 544 pages. (Thank you Amazon, for listing the number of pages in your books for some bizarre reason.)
Your Post was Too Long; I Didn't Read It...
tl;dr - Had no internet, now planning to rewrite Twilight.
Hoping for support, advice, criticisms and oppositions in the comments! :)
-Staicee
FIRST!!!!!!!! :P
ReplyDeleteAnyway, I forgot to mention this - my idea for turning the vampire myth on its head has to do with genetic engineering. Fun, fun...
Sorry about your bum!!! I hope it heals!!! :) I love how you are so open; I, more than likely, would not have shared that! Good luck with your story. I remember you talking about doing that a while back.
ReplyDeleteSoo..it's about goku?I didn't see anything mentioning what the story will be but good luck.
ReplyDeleteIt isnt about goku!!!!! Its about vampires!!! lol Edward is just kind of like goku!
ReplyDeleteWhoops, sorry for the confusion! xD I was trying to make a comparison. But I was tired. Pretty much, I liked SMeyer's very core idea, so I'm going to write my own story using that. So yes, vampires. Yes, they'll be different from traditional mythology. No, they won't sparkle.
ReplyDeleteThe Goku bit...was only to say that Twilight could have been the coolest fiction series since Lord of the Rings.......but it wasn't.
Hope it's a bit less confusing now! xD