Monday, July 26, 2010

My Second Blog!

Okay, so I know that in my first blog I said I was going to restore a chest, and I was all into that, but a few things came up. It started when I was doing my research on how to restore a wooden trunk, it was a lot harder then I thought. I figured I would have been putting in at least ten hours a week on just this project, that was a lot especially with working. I was still going to do it though, I didn't want to be the one to switch because I took on more then I could handle. I am a nanny all day for three days a week, I watch three boys while their mom works, that's almost more then I can handle! so the days I worked I figured I would just read the assigned books and the other days I would work on the chest. It didn't happen.
My aunt was diagnosed with breast cancer in January and her condition just worsened over time. On the days I was not working I was up at the hospital with my aunt, or helping the family cope while they made funeral arrangements. My aunt passed on July 15th, I spent three days in browns town, with my family, for the funeral. After that thinking of how much I had to do was stressing me out more then it was helping me, so I figured it was time to change my project to something that is going to benefit me in the things I'm supposed to do every day. I decided to concentrate on my music!
I take voice lessons and piano lessons each once a week, so I'm supposed to be getting in at least one hour of practice on each, every day. That's fourteen hours a week on my music! I came up with a plan! For my piano music I have warm ups, scales and different things to challenge my playing and make me better, and I have three different pieces that I'm supposed to be practicing. This Sunday I was supposed to play one of those pieces for church, that didn't happen either, I wasn't ready to play because I didn't get enough practice time in. So every day for the rest of the summer I am going to try to get my 7 hours of piano practice in. I am going to spend ten minuets on my warm ups and fifty minuets on the rest of my pieces. My voice lessons wont be as tricky, I am learning two English folk songs right now and two Italian songs, along with warm ups! But half of my time is supposed to be spent on warm ups so i don't hurt my vocal chords. So, I am going to spend half an hour warming up and half an hour memorizing! This is going to be a lot harder then it seems. My goal in the long run is to have all of my pieces perfected and ready to preform by the end of the summer. Individually i want to improve my sight reading on both piano and singing. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry that your aunt died, that must be really hard on you and your family. Good luck on your revised project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your singing and the piano! My condolences to your family as well. :(

    ReplyDelete