Time for post two! Most of you have probably seen my latest Twitter post, but if you haven’t I did some research and found out that it isn’t healthy for your muscles to weight lift everyday. I have come to the conclusion that I will only lift on Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and either once or twice on the weekends. This will give my muscles time to rest so they don’t get strained. This week the school weight room has been closed, because it is mandatory for every school to have one weekend where it is completely closed so I have been lifting at home. My weight bench isn’t that big, but there is many work outs you can do with it, such as the bench press, butterfly arms, a pulley-driven lat tower, and leg developers. My main workout at home consists of ten reps on the bench press, then 15 reps of pull-downs using the lat tower, 30 reps of curls using my separate curl bar, and then 15 push-ups. I usually do this routine three or four times with short breaks in between each. Most of the workouts I do at home are upper body workouts because I have decided that my goal is to be able to bench press my own weight (136 pounds). I have wanted to lift my own weight on bench, but unfortunately bench press is my worst lift. Right now my max lifting weight on bench is between 115 and 120 pounds and I believe I’ll be able to lift 136 pounds by the end of the summer. Even though I want to gain more upper body strength, starting next week I’m going to add in some of the leg workouts that I can do on my bench so my legs can stay in shape also. And my arms are starting to even out too! My left bicep used to be EXTREMLY smaller than my right, but it’s catching up lol. I hope everyone’s projects are turning out well!
P.S. Blake, you and me should get together and lift sometime since our projects are practically the same!
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteFor sure! That would be really sweet, let me know when you can lift and when the gym is open and we'll do itt.
ReplyDelete