My family and I went camping last weekend for one of my swim meets.
It takes true courage to embark on a mission like camping. When I say camping, I don't mean electricity, I don't mean running water or air conditioning or even a near-by bathroom. I mean a truly labor intensive struggle to become comfortable without the "bare necessities". In my family, there's six people plus a dog, and three of those people are under the age of 8. We are fortunate enough to have a medium-sized camper, but it's kind of like swimming in a pond with five other blue whales. I have to share a compact couch with my dog and my littlest brother, Cash. He's two years old and 3'1". When he sleeps, he's about 4'5". The boy finds an impossible amount of ways to spread his limbs in every direction imaginable. So here I am, in a 85 degree trailer with my dog on my legs and my brother invading space that I didn't even have to begin with, gently snoring in my face. Well, lets be glad they're comfortable.
My dad. He's actually really cool and I love him, but he has the tendency to complain. He complains mostly about well...everything. And when one camps at a real campground where you have to do all the work there may be one or two things to complain about. The more he complains, the more there is to complain about. First, the dent on the side of the camper (my fault), then the inadequate lock on the door, how much he's sweating, and finally how much our camping neighbors suck. There my mom and I will watch, as he profusely sweats his way around the muggy camp-site mouthing close to every cuss word he can muster up. It's pretty darn hilarious.
Setting aside the stressful hardships camping brings, I like it. It's an important aspect of the teenage summer because it gives us a chance to live without what we think we need, and have fun with the little we have. It's good to get out of your house for a couple days. Do it. Nature wants you.
Hey! I love the way you wrote this, you are really good at putting humor in your pieces i noticed that it the stuff you wrote for the murmur too. I agree with what you said about nature too, it provides everything we need all we have to do is realize what we dont need. good luck!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the feedback :) Thank you thank you.
ReplyDelete