Monday, July 26, 2010

Post Encounters of the Fourth Kind

That's a lame title but it makes me laugh a little.

So I kind of stepped back and let last week pass me by without posting. I would have typed up a four page essay on my advances and progress, but I was sick so not much happened. Being sick really sucks for me, because I go to cheerleading anyway. I just can't help it! It's like, when I'm sick I am more motivated than before, even though my body is weaker and less able. I sit in bed all day and watch cheerleading and gymnastics videos on YouTube, then I try to tumble either on my trampoline or in my living room causing my body to shut down and me to collapse onto the couch.

I still punched in for six hours of cheerleading while I was under the weather, even though I coughed up blood one of the days I was sick (so nasty, right?) and I still advanced a little on my tumbling. I now have all the skills I needed for my routine... woohoo nobody cares, I get it, but I had a little bounce in my step after that.

After I took some Ibuprofen I started to feel better and my head stopped spinning so I went to my tumbling class, which I did pretty good at. I was working on drills for my full, and I actually rotated too much, which is a really good thing because when I start doing them on the floor I'm going to rotate slightly less than I do on the trampoline so the end result should be close to perfection.

I already said I would start videotaping myself this past week, but I think I'll actually wait until I start getting spotted on the floor to track that progress.

That was my wrap-up of last week, I'll post again around Thursday to get myself back on my regular schedule. Oh, and as far as my 'health kick' goes, it's really hard to fight my love for all things unhealthy, but I eat whatever I want one day of every week so today I will make red velvet cupcakes and die of cupcake overdose.

1 comment:

  1. Give your body a rest! You can work hard AFTER you start feeling better. Trust me, I'm the girl who passed out in choir last winter. Rather odd experience, feeling exhausted, locking my knees so as to keep standing, cutting off my circulation, and thus toppling over backwards. Well, I hope you are feeling better, please don't over push yourself next time you have a cold!

    ReplyDelete