Monday, July 19, 2010

Post Three

As of now I feel very accomplished. Everything is still in place and going as planned and will hopefully continue down this path. What's different about my scrapbook this week is that I finally decided what to do with the cover of my scrapbook, with the help of a friend. Eventually I ended up painting the cover of it, which I was afraid to do in case I messed up. This week was very helpful for my project because I have been basically everywhere but my house, meaning I was out with friends and took many pictures, and these pictures will obviously go in my scrapbook.

This blog should have been written yesterday, but I was occupied with an event that was very important to me. There was a concert I was attending (the cool tour), and it ended up being a really amazing day. My friend who lives in Canton, drove us to the venue around the afternoon and we stood in line for a few hours before doors finally opened. We were front and center, as usual for concerts we go to, and made friends right away with the security guard, Nick. Making friends with the guards is always a good idea because they have access to free water, and trust me, you will want at least three bottles of water. If a show is big enough there will be a barricade that keeps you a foot away from the stage, and the guards will stand in that area and catch crowd surfers.

If you didn't know, being hydrated is really important while being at these shows. They get very tiring after a few bands, and you get very hot and sweaty since you're being pushed, shoved and squished every way possible. We stood through a few bands saving our energy for one of our favorite bands, Blessthefall. After an amazing set, my friends left the crowd to go to a diner with them, while I decided to stay in the crowd for my favorite band, Underoath. In the beginning I had planned to leave after our first favorite band, but after thinking it through thoroughly I determined it would be a huge regret later if i were to miss their performance. It was definitely worth it, and was not only a highlight to my summer, but to my life as well. After their performance, I joined my friends and we took the band, Blessthefall, to go get starbucks. All in all, it was an amazing end to my week.

My priority now is to catch up with my letters and to begin filling my scrapbook with more pictures. After that is completed, I'll be on track again.

Love, Lilly.
Happy summer!♥(:

2 comments:

  1. Could you possibly provide us with some of your favorite pictures, and maybe a picture of your cover? I'm happy your project is going well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll definitely do that once they're uploaded.
    (:

    ReplyDelete