Monday, July 12, 2010

Progress Report

I'm back, and this is my third entry. The project has gone great so far, and I'm still on schedule. I got the eight measures completed that I wanted. I'm really happy that it's been going smoothly, because it could have been really tough if that wasn't the case. Also, at this point I am halfway through the main part of the song, which is a good sign. It took me longer than the last part I did, but that's to be expected. But, I'm still happy with the results I've gotten up to this point.



My plan this week is to finish up the main part of the cadence, and if that doesn't take too much time, possibly continue on to the next section. But I doubt that happening, since the main part takes a lot of time to get it to sound just right. But, at any rate, the next big part of the cadence is the solo sections, where the snares, tenors, and bass drums each have a solo, which is definitely a difficult part to write, but at least I won't have to worry about all the parts go together. Anyways, that's what I'm going to do, and we'll see what happens.



So, that's my story for this week. I haven't actually been stuck on a part of the cadence so far, which is a very good sign. It's been really fun so far, so I'm looking forward to working on it some more. I'm glad I found something to do that I like doing for this project, because if I had to do something I didn't like, I would dread each week that I would have to work on it. So that's all for now, and I'll see you all next week for another update.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, could you possibly post a recording of what you have down so far? Glad to hear it is coming along, good luck!

    ReplyDelete