Procrastination aside, I've got some of my characters outlined for the story. I know, doesn't sound like much, but my characters tend to like writing themselves. Takes most of the work right out of writing for me. Which is a good thing. The other main point that's been established is a few points of plot along the way, possibilities for moving forward with the story (Which actually helps me develop the beginning - if you have an end in mind, you just have to make it play out the right way.), and a few of the relationships between the characters. Unfortunately they don't have names or set appearances yet, so I'll have to refer to them as "The Girl", "Character One", and so on. The setting will likely be Waterford or a similar fictional town, as I don't really feel like making an entirely new place for the story to occur in, nor do I actually have enough experience outside of Waterford to make it realistic.
Going back to those characters, though, there's going to be a few differences from my usual "people". First off, the main character is going to be a girl. I don't have many female characters, so this'll be different. She will be able to fend for herself, however, instead of doing things like wandering into the dark alleys of Seattle by herself having never been to the city before. (Sound familiar? I'm genuinely sorry, Twilight fans, but I'm not a fan of Bella. At all. >_>; Sue me.) Anyway, she'll have a spine and a brain. Huzzah. She definitely won't be running into the arms of the "vampire" any time soon, if at all. I think she'll turn out sarcastic, which would be fun to write. Next, we'll have Character One. He'll be male, probably level headed and a friend of The Girl. Character Two will be another female, since The Girl shouldn't be like me and hang out with all guys. (All kidding aside, she does need female friends, right?) She'll be nice, helpful, but maybe not quite as quick, as far as catching onto things goes. Next we have Character Three! Another boy, quiet, one of those people that sit in the back of the class and don't talk too often. Then there'll be "The Vampire", who'll be an "unreachable" guy. It'll be like whatever you do or say, he couldn't really care less, but he'll play along for whatever reason. And of course there'll have to be a "Werewolf" character, so he'll be there somewhere too. Personable but distracted sounds good to me. I still need to iron out the flaws in their personalities, and figure out what they look like, but this is a good start so far. (The Girl might have a temper about her, what do you think about that?)
As far as relationships between characters goes, we'll have the awkward trio of The Girl, and Characters One and Two, then Character Three kinda on his own for now, same with The Vampire, and the Werewolf will probably be something of a lovable class clown, so he can be friends with the majority of the people around. Once this gets going, it can include more people in the web, which is always so much more fun! (I have a separate story going with a friend, in which we each have at least ten distinct characters. It's great to see the interactions between them all!)
The plot bits I've thought out don't have too much bearing on the story yet, seeing as it hasn't started, so they'll stay secret for now. I may toss them out if I think of something better, so I don't want to disappoint! Ha.
If anyone's actually bothered to read all the way through and wants to comment, criticize, pose a question or give tips, feel free to leave a comment in that magic little box down there! :)
Staicee, over and out.
You should definitely use the names that I posted on twitter!!!!! lol
ReplyDeleteAbout how they look, do they have to be incredible looking? Twilight's characters are all supposably perfect, which is lame. Who wants to read about "love" when it is all based on Edward's glamorous glitter and Jacob's abnormal abs? I know you are capable of creating characters with more personality than Twilight (who couldn't) but it would be more interesting if they were ordinary or even deformed looking? Your vampire was genetically engineered, and probably not by Neutragena.
ReplyDelete