Sunday, August 1, 2010
2nd post...oh boy
okay so this should be my 3rd post buuuut i didn't do anything to post about. I know I know it's a very important project and i really need to keep up on my project. It's just that I've lost interest for the idea of working out...Plus my mom is not able to exercise with me anymore because of her work schedule. I have decided to not have organized workouts but to instead stay active. This way people can see that they don't even need to set aside time for working out to stay helpful. Although i skipped a week I did make up for it at my youth camp this week. Good news, i was sore the entire week because of all the activities that we did. The thing that i did the most in camp was walking! There were hills, steps, and long distances between each destination. Walking may seem simple and uneffective but it is actually an easy and great workout. My calves have gotten tighter because of walking, so walking has proven itself to me as a great way to stay in shape. During camp we also sprinted for short distances and waited about a minute and doing it again. I liked this idea to be active because sprinting short distances over and over again build muscles in your legs faster than running around for miles. I found that swimming is a great way to get healthy too. We swam everyday at camp, just for fun, and my arms have gotten stronger as well as my legs. What is important to do when swimming is treading water. It's easy and if you do it for a while you feel the burn, which always feels good :) The next thing i talk about isn't very practical because people normally don't have them, but if you get a hold of a rock climbing wall or floating device that you have to climb, take advantage of it. You feel your muscles in your arms ripping apart and building up stronger because you have to pull up all of your weight with your arms. It's so cool! My goal for the end is losing fat and gaining muscle and endurance. Another change in my project is that i plan on eating healthier, no cookies and cake! I tell you this just in case you want to use my project as guidelines if it turns out well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment