Tuesday, July 6, 2010

"Small Steps" Reach Others

Two weeks ago, I wrote letters to soldiers and sick children at the St. Jude Hospital. Over the weekend, I received a response to my letters. In my mailbox was a letter from St. Jude thanking me for what I had done. They explained how my letters could make such an impact in the hopes of a child and their family. It is clear that I fulfilled my goal for the week, to make a difference in a life. The letter from St. Jude also had a wish list in it. Some things on the wish list included bead kits, journals and paint sets. Soon, I plan on purchasing some of these items and sending them to the children.

Last week I went to Grace Center of Hope and served lunch to the homeless. My entire family came with me. We helped prepare the hot dogs, salad, chili and cake. We also cleaned up when the meal was over with. The best part of this experience was serving the food to people and seeing the smiles on their faces and the thanks in their eyes. Another touching part was when everyone bowed their heads together in prayer. Grace Center of Hope is a great organization that houses and feeds the homeless while encouraging them to get a job and make something of their life. My family and I plan on volunteering at Grace Center of Hope again soon.

Last week I also continued to help coach my little sisters softball team. They have had two practices so far. They have a game this Wednesday and I can't wait! Along with softball, I have continued to assistant teach in little girls ballet classes. Last week I found that the girls love doing exercises one at a time so they can show off in front of each other. They are so cute and I love working with them.

This week I will keep helping in ballet classes and softball practices. But, the big project for this week is going green! I have taken this to the next level, I am actually going camping, along with various other ways to go green. Well, I don't want to give away too much now, so I will tell more about it next week :)

2 comments:

  1. Wow!! You are doing a lot of different, cool things! :) I have also served a meal at Grace Centers of Hope before and it is such an amazing place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's amazing jessie! Keep it up girl. Can't wait for conference when the real fun and difference-making starts ;)

    ReplyDelete