Well hello everyone. I've finally decided what I'm going to do for my project this summer. I know what you're all thinking...about time. However, I am okay with the fact that this blog is five days late because I didn't want to do a project that I wasn't sure I wanted to do just because I procrastinated and ran out of time to decide. I needed to make sure that this project is something that I won't dread having to do, otherwise the whole point of the project would be ruined. So, I have decided to make my project something that I love to do...help others. To help others in my own "backyard" (my community) and around the world. To help others by doing mission work, participating in community projects, volunteering my time, and putting smiles on strangers faces. The title of my project is going to be "Operation Smile."
So where do I even begin such a huge project? I've been doing some research on a couple of ideas that I have had. One of my main goals with this project is to touch the lives of others. One way I have decided to do this is by writing letters to soldiers who are risking their lives in war. I feel very passionate about this and I am hoping that by writing a simple letter of thanks to these heroes, it might help to make their days a little less stressful and bring a smile to their face. Another idea I had to help others is by volunteering for Habitat for Humanity of Oakland County, an organization that builds houses for people who are poor or homelesss, and by doing so, "transform lives and neighborhoods." My hope is that by helping to build these homes, the people receiving them might live better, more happy and stable, lives. These are just two of the many ideas that have been circulating through my head to bring smiles to peoples faces. I have so many more and I can't wait to get started with them all.
Well, here I go...wish me luck!
Oh, and one more thing...Smile :)
Hannah, the point of this blog is to share all of your ideas. We want to know what they are! I honestly didn't know that oakland county had a habitat for humanity, It's great that you are getting involved. Good luck!
ReplyDeleteGood luck Hannah :)
ReplyDeleteThanks ocean, I'm glad that im getting involved and volunteering. It's something that I've always wanted to do. Also, the reason I didn't share all of my ideas is because this week I was only writing letters to soldiers, so thats what i blogged about. I didn't want to share all of my ideas, otherwise I won't have much to blog about when i actually do the other ideas that I have.
ReplyDeleteThank you erica! :D
That's a great thing you're doing with the project! Can't wait for the follow ups. Good luck!:)
ReplyDelete