Saturday, July 3, 2010

trtl; 2. Binding&blahblahblah


Mmm, it's 2am and I'm not tired in the least. So I figured I should report earlier than planned about how the binding went! Also, I kinda just wanted to talk about my reasoning behind my project, AKA my boyfriend. I don't know; it's very unnecessary to read, I just feel very write-y at the moment, especially after reading Stephanie's blog about Misha. (Hehe I loved it. :3 I'm such a romantic. Ahaha.)
So the binding! It went really well, I'm happy with it. I found this tutorial -http://curiouslycrafty.wordpress.com/tutorials/- and tried to follow it as best I could. I definitely, um, "improvised" with the sewing together of the signatures (groups of pages)... But I think it turned out well nonetheless. (: And I got the cover decorated in this silly fabric. I like it a lot. :3 I'll try to post some pictures soon, I'm really really pleased.
So, why I'm putting so much work into this project. I'm sure some of you know about me and my boyfriend. You might have seen me walking hand-in-hand with this black-haired, skinny boy in zebra pants and a sweater. That's Josh: my boyfriend, and my best friend. Technically, I met Josh last year. He was tossed on my neck at a concert. [: But this year, we were formally introduced. We became best friends very quickly - never had someone gotten me the way he did, and vice versa. It's like we could read each other's minds - we could finish the other's sentences (we still do). :P And he liked me, and I liked him. And after lots of drama (his girlfriend at the time threw an orange at me! Oh man, she's... a character) we finally went out. These past months have been the best times of my life. Never have I felt so close to someone. We know everything about each other. I've told Josh things I've never even considered telling another soul. He is my very best friend.
Being in love... it's something I could never explain. It's so wonderful. Josh is, without a doubt, the best thing to have ever happened to me. It's probably bad how dependent I am on him. But man, he is something special. Someone who loves me, no matter what.
Uch, I am sickeningly in love. It's disgustingly gushy. I've turned into one of those girls who drag on about how wonderful their boyfriend is. Who draw hearts on their notebooks and dream of their wedding day.
Sometimes, I feel like I'm dreaming. It's just so amazing.

Gahh I could go on, but it'll get way long. But thanks for letting me rant a bit. [: Good luck on your projects everyone!
-Cassie Valeen.

6 comments:

  1. rant away!!! :) Yesterday, I just felt the need to blog about it. It feels good doesn't it!? lol Writing just always helps me express myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, that's how I felt (: It totally does!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeps! I prefer writing in cursive in notebooks though. I am not sure why! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think cursive looks beautiful! If mine was decent, I would write in it too :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. I went to a private elemenary school and it was drilled! So mine is pretty neat; it looks ton better than my terrible printing. I only choose to write in cursive when I am writing in my own benefit or if I am writing a letter. I don't know. It is just more relaxing for me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was drilled at my school too! Ahaha, but somehow it's still awful. :P But I understand what you mean. Whenever I write for myself, my writing looks terrible 'cause I get so into what I'm writing. {:

    ReplyDelete