Lately, I've been dry with ideas to write about. I know that there are always things that you can blog about (and in my case, aspects of the teenage summer to write about), but I can't seem to think up a good topic to expand on. This week, I've decided to break off the biggest chunk of my life and share it with you guys.
In case I haven't already established this, I swim. I swim everyday of every week, of every month, of every year. It's probably the hardest thing I've ever done and also the reason why I've missed out on SO many social outings. But swimming is too the thing that keeps me alive. I've made this sport into a lifestyle, and I couldn't imagine myself without it, for a lot of reasons.
One, about half of my friends come from both the teams I swim on. I honestly couldn’t picture my life without them. Two, swimming keeps me out of trouble. Instead of going out, I go swim. Instead of smoking a blunt, I’m swimming a lap. Three, I would be SO FAT. I eat constantly. Four, there's something about being in the water that makes me forget everything that I've ever worried about. Five, swimming is not only good for the present, but good for the future. Colleges like athletes. Six, when I better my times, it seriously makes me feel like I can fly. Seven, my life would be straight up boring. Eight, swimming is one of those sports that will help you do anything physically and mentally. Nine, I love to compete, I love challenges. Ten, swimming has made me an all-around better person, period. Eleven, I travel all around Michigan for meets. Twelve, swimming makes me appreciate breathing. Thirteen, it's good to set goals in your life. Swimming helps. Fourteen, swimming uses energy that I would otherwise use to be a destructive teenager (but somehow I still manage). Fifteen, I now dream underwater and wake up holding my breath. Sixteen, my brother just told me I was a rodent. Seventeen, if my skin doesn't smell like chlorine, there's something wrong. Eighteen, there have been so many times where I thought I should quit. I got through it. Nineteen, people say I don't have a life because I'm always at the pool. I say that I have way more of a life then they do because swimming teaches you how to live your life. And it keeps you busy during a boring summer. Twenty, it's sort of an honor to swim on a team with national-level swimmers. Twenty-One, swimming teaches patience. You're not going to get anything anytime soon if you're not patient. Twenty-Two, I feel like I could go on forever. Twenty-Three, I can go on forever. So I'm going to stop.
If you managed to read that, thanks but why do you care? Tell me. Comment.
Would you please explain how number sixteen ties into the whole thing? I read that because reading is something I can do, and it is quiet so my parents won't wake up and ask me why I am not sleeping too.
ReplyDeleteI read it because its cool to read about what other peoples' passions are! :D
ReplyDeleteI read it because I started reading and it was interesting because I can relate to feeling so passionate about something that you can go on forever with reasons you love it. Also because competative swimming doesn't really appeal to me and I wanted to see your reasons for loving it.
ReplyDeleteOcean, number sixteen was because my brother made me laugh while I was writing.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the feedback :)