Friday, August 13, 2010

3rd post! oh goshhh!

The summer has quickly taken a hold of me, I have to say there is so excuse for why I am falling behind now. I have been procrastinating these blogs so much, I have run out of time to procrastinate. The good thing is that I have been practicing my music. My piano teacher took a vacation so I didn't have piano lessons for a good month, now I have to get back into the flow of things. I had piano lessons on Monday and I haven't practiced since then, but as for voice lessons I think I am getting my hours in. I have been doing at least an hour of practicing a day, but my tape broke so i have been playing out my pieces by hand. One of my Italian pieces is called Caro mio Ben, its a beautiful piece and I am happy to say I just got it memorized! I have voice lessons today at four o-clock, like every Friday I have to drive all the way to Pontiac and sing for an hour straight in a church with no air conditioning. Yikes! It's very fun though, music is my life, but singing is my passion. I have been in my church choir since i was six years old, when i got into middle school I joined the sixth grade choir and then moved up through the grades. When I got into high school I was in the concert choir my freshman year, but i tried out for chamber choir half way through the year and I made it! Choir sophomore year was the best ever, we sang for so many different things, especially around Christmas. Being in a group that you know is good and is not only a team, but a family gives you a feeling unlike anything else. After every concert or competition you know that the audience loved it and the people around you love you for being a part of something that may not happen again in their life time. In chamber choir I built so many memories that I wouldn't trade for the world, I hope that this year can be the same.
My piano history is a tad bit different from my voice. I started playing the piano in sixth grade because i was always messing around on the key bored I had at home. I took a keyboarding class in middle school and decided I wanted to keep going with it, so here I am 5 years later stressing about the hours of practice I'm still not getting in! Lucky for me though, I have a very understanding piano teacher. But music is my life without it part of who people are would be non-existent.
I am going on vacation with my family next Wednesday, we are staying in Tennessee for 5 days and then North Carolina for 5 more days. I'm very exited but since I am so far behind I am going to try and blog from my phone while I am there. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment