Thursday, August 19, 2010

Week vacation!

Contrary to the title I wasn't on vacation all week just the end of the week, so here's what I did post vacation. First off cross country camp I guess it's green since we basically just stay outside for a good portion of the day and since I didn't do anything green at camp I guess I'll just describe what I did. The first day was an easy get to know people day, we have a lot of cool new people this year. Then, the second day we did a bit more of a torturous run. The next day was kinda boot camp day where a military guy came which equals really hard work out, then it was Ted Grey day, A 90 degree hill that goes up for a half a mile then down a half a mile, ick! That concludes cross country camp and, I must say took up more space than expected!
Since cross country camp is only the first half of the day I decided I better fill the rest of the day with some green activity. So I worked on cleaning up the woods in my back yard, which is filled to the brim with trash because the previous owners decided that they would make their own landfill instead of using the local one! Anyways that went well I am now over half way done! Other than that I was mostly at band which I will also count as going green since we hardly use any electricity and water is kind scarce so there is no way we would waste it!
Finlay I figure that I better talk about the vacation, which was also very green. My family stayed with some friends in a small cottage (it was basically camping because the cottage was to small to do anything in but sleep in.)We hardly used any energy, with the exception of one TV night in which our Friends showed us their collection of the three stooges! Most of our time was spent tubing, swimming or entertaining our Friends, very lively, five year old! We caught spiders swam in a river, while cleaning the trash out of it I might add, tried to build bowls from the clay in the river bottom, FAIL, and ran around playing every sort of tag invented! It was extremely fun, making it very hard to leave Saturday. The next day we went to Mooskamut (i don't know how to spell it), sine the annual raft off was the day before we had a lot of treasure finding to do and for me a lot of cleaning. The treasure hunt went well, when you get a ton of drunk people together they tend to drop things in the water like glasses, money, necklaces, watches, and any other object imaginable. The best part for me was when I was cleaning up all the cans they dropped I realized, when I was done that I got four dollars in cans!

No comments:

Post a Comment