Saturday, August 28, 2010

guitar

I am changing my project last minute. I know it's sudden and drastic but nothing else turned out how i thought it would and i've been teaching myself guitar as a back up anyways. The first couple of days of playing the guitar were definitely the toughest. My fingers hurt like crazy. Since i have played regularly my fingers don't hurt anymore because i have caluses, yay. It sounds gross but i've been waiting for the caluses for a long time. Anyways, I have been learning from my sister's book on how to play guitar for beginners and sometime she teaches me a few new things, like where to put your fingers. I was completely clueless about guitars when i decided to take it up except for the fact that it makes pretty sounds. The first week i learned how to play the first, second and third strings. These strings are used to make up a lot of songs. So with learning just three strings, I have also learned a variety of songs. I have tried to memorize the fourth and fifth strings but they look so similar in music notes. Playing guitar is a very complex thing to do because not only do you have to read the notes, you must know how they sound, lift your fingers correctly, and strum right. I have not gotten the hang of everything yet but i feel that I am well on my way. After i learn all of the strings i am going to begin chords. Chords are a lot harder than simple string changing songs. You must be able to move your fingers around the strings quickly, otherwise the songs will not sound good, at all. I do know this from experience, but so does every person who has ever learned to play guitar. I do have a teacher that i could go to if things get too difficult to learn on my own. Well that's all for now. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment