Tuesday, August 31, 2010

The Journey is Over

With only one week left in summer vacation,I have completed the plot layout for "Galaxy 2".When I was done with that,I figured it would be best to go back and re-read "Animal,Vegetable,Miracle" in order to be able to make comparisons between the two completed pieces of literature,rather than doing it along the way.

Though my process of the story creation was different in the sense of genre and the actual base of what the writing centered around,I noticed some similar characteristics between my project and Kingsolver's.Both of us have a fondness for writing and having fun while doing it(that's where the connection stops on just my project).For everyone that had to do this assignment,including myself,knowing or unknowingly had a comparison between Kingsolver in the way that we had to record our actions throughout the course of the project,write down our feelings,and discussing on what we were planning to do next.

Along with that,we had to commit to ourselves that we would see it through to the end,even if we had to make time for it.I have to admit,it was odd in the way that we were allowed to make our own project,as long as it related to AVM in some way,but that reminds me of the quote below:

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."<--Abraham Lincoln

To the project,the quote means that this was more of a way to express who we are while comparing our actions to another's.This project not only allowed us to become more familiar with rhetoric,but also more familiar with each other.

To be honest,at first I thought that I would never be interested in AVM.After the first several chapters however,I simply couldn't put it down.The way on how she recorded the information and her own thoughts and feelings,along with the moments of excellent humor helped me get sucked into the book and finish it with ease.

I know that it is normally inappropraite to end something with a question,but this relates to another plot idea that I',m going to work on after "Galaxy.Which sounds more appealing if you were into videogames plot-wise;a man that is cursed with immortality and trying to lift the curse,or being a person in the distant future(weeks before the sun explodes)and figuring out on how to prevent the destruction of the earth?Please respond by posting a comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment